R2 units: is there anything those little guys can't do? While we don't yet have the technology in this quadrant of the galaxy for fully-automated repair droids like the R2 units from Star Wars, we can get a portion of the R2's versatility into something small enough to sit in your vehicle's cupholder.
You see, it makes R2-D9 whistle sadly when he sees a device that's run out of power. Make him bloop and bleep happily again by letting him use your vehicle's power to recharge your devices. With him plugged into your cigarette lighter socket, you can get 2.1 Amps through each of his USB charging ports, which is enough to charge two tablets or smartphones or, well, pretty much anything that charges via USB. What's that, little guy? He says, "Bloop bloop bleep," which we think means "Yay!"
- R2-D9 USB Car Charger
- A ThinkGeek creation and exclusive
- Purchase restricted to our Geek Points members
- Officially-licensed Star Wars merchandise
- Compatible with anything that charges via USB (iPhones, smartphones, iPads, tablets, GPSes, etc.) as long as you have the cable
- Two (2) USB charging ports
- Each port provides 2.1 Amps (enough to charge 2 tablets simultaneously)
- R2-D9's dome rotates and lights up; he whistles and beeps (when power is connected and when your device begins to charge; force him to animate by pressing his center button which turns power to the ports on)
- Flexible arms allow you to customize him to best fit your vehicle's cupholder
- Blue/red LED inside the front radar eye lens indicates USB port power status
- Dimensions: 5 1/2" tall, 3 1/2" wide at widest, 2" diameter at bottom (to fit cupholder), cable 36" long
- Includes: R2 unit with 2 USB ports, 12V vehicle cigarette lighter adapter